The first event for The Death of Bunny Munro is now confirmed.
Nick Cave will read from his forthcoming novel as part of the Meet the Author strand at this year's iTunes Festival in the FREEDM Studio at the Roundhouse in Camden on 24th July 2009. The reading will be followed by Nick in conversation with Sean O'Hagan and then by a Q&A. This event is invitation-only but we have a pair of tickets to give away on Nick Cave Online.
To be entered into the draw to win, explore www.thedeathofbunnymunro.com and email
with the answer to the following question:
Bunny Munro is married - what's his wife's name?
Please be sure to use the subject 'nick-cave.com competition' in your email!
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. To enter email
with the answer to the question as well as your name, email address and contact number. Only one entry per person is allowed. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the closing date of 19th July 2009 at midnight. All entries shall become the property of Canongate, who is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete
information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
4. There will be one prize winner, who will be on the guest list to see Nick Cave at the iTunes Festival at 6.30pm on 24th July 2009 at the Roundhouse in Camden, London.
5. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the rize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. No cash alternative will be offered. The prize is non-transferable.
8. A random draw will take place on the morning of 20th July 2009 to elect the winner. The prize winner will be notified by telephone/email, and will need to respond by midnight on 22nd July 2009 as to whether they are able to accept the prize. If a selected entrant does not meet ll of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
11. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
12. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
13. a) All entries become the property of Canongate, who assume no esponsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the web site during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Canongate on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or
any web site. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. b) Entries must be submitted by the named entrant and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Only one entry will be accepted per email address used.
14. For name/county of prize winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Bunny Munro winners, Canongate, Tweeddale Court, 14 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1TE after 24th July 2009. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By entering you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
16. The email address and phone number you provide to enter the competition will be used by us to contact you if necessary, and will not be shared with other companies.
17. Canongate has organised this prize draw in good faith and does not accept liability relating to the prize.